Daily Express warms to the SNP

Discuss anything you like here

Daily Express warms to the SNP

Postby NewHorizon on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:10 am

I have read some stories suggesting that the Daily Express is going to start supporting the SNP.

As I do not know much about this paper, is this a good move for the SNP. The reason I ask is that I have also read some posts that rubbish the owner of the paper.
NewHorizon

Re: Daily Express warms to the SNP

Postby RichardTheRogue on Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:52 pm

If memory serves me correctly, they did a telephone poll shortly before Christmas which showed support for independence at 59%. It was front page headlines. I'll post details once I check my source.

I suppose some support is better than no support. I don't know much about the Daily Express, but I think they are more tabloid than broadsheet.

Edit:-

The Scottish Daily Express, on Tuesday 18th December, led with the headline 'Now you say it: Scotland must break free' and goes on to mention a telephone poll carried out by themselves showing 59% support for independence whilst retaining the monarchy. There is a further 2/3 page editorial by Kerry Gill, their Scottish political editor inside.

I suppose having a red-top on your side is no bad thing as until now, they have been unionist to a man.
RichardTheRogue
Site Admin

Return to Topical Discussions